is the recommended browser when viewing this website.
Special cargo: Flexible configurations, creative solutions
The expertise and aircraft needed to move your special cargo safely and on time.
You have unique cargo and handling requirements. Atlas Air has the aircraft and technology to meet those requirements—and exceed your expectations. Our new generation fleet of 747-8F aircraft delivers a world of value, such as:
- More volume, thanks to four extra main deck pallet positions and three lower deck pallet positions
- Increased payload, with a maximum of over 139 tons
- Greater range
- Improved overall operating costs
Atlas Air stands ready to handle all your special cargo needs:
- Heavy/bulky/oversized cargo: pipes, cable drums, heavy machinery, oversized equipment parts, and vehicles of all sizes
- Perishables that must be delivered quickly and protected against adverse changes in temperature or humidity, fresh and frozen foods, flowers, and live plants
- Pharmaceuticals and other medical supplies
- Wet weight, such as liquids in waterproof containers and meats and seafood packed in ice
- Dangerous goods requiring special handling, as outlined in “Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods by Air, issued by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO)”
- Live animals following strict adherence to the rules set in IATA Resolution 620: live animals birds, mammals, reptiles, fish, and amphibians
- High-value cargo requiring high-security service
Atlas Air has the aircraft and service to meet your needs—from transporting live animals to temperature-controlled freight to outsized cargo.