Atlas Air, Inc. is the largest provider of ACMI freighters for lease and plays a critical role in global air cargo. Atlas Air services include:
- ACMI (Aircraft, Crew, Maintenance and Insurance) leasing, also known as wet leasing. Airline or freight-forwarder customers receive dedicated aircraft that are crewed, maintained and insured by Atlas Air. With ACMI leases, our customers can effectively expand their capacity, operate dedicated freighter aircraft and capitalize on the growing airfreight market – without taking on the risks of investing in freighters.
- Aircraft-only leasing, or dry leasing, of Boeing 747 freighter aircraft. With our extensive knowledge of the global freighter market, we’re able to offer our customers access to high-quality freighters to help grow their bottom line.
- CMI (Crew, Maintenance and Insurance) for customers who already have Boeing 747 freighters but need the expertise to operate them.
- Charter services tailored to the specific needs of commercial customers. With extensive experience in live animals, temperature-controlled freight and outsized cargo, we provide critical lift for the high-tech, sports and entertainment, perishables and energy industries.
- Charter services to governments and non-governmental organizations such as the United Nations, World Food Program and World Health Organization.
- Training services for the U.S. Air Force and other customers. Our state-of-the-art training center is where Air Force One pilots receive their flight and simulator training.
- A broad range of value-added services provided by our experts in air cargo, including schedule analysis and management, route- and traffic-rights management, fuel procurement and administration, ground-operations support and 24-hour customer service.
Atlas Air’s highly efficient and reliable fleet is led by the Boeing 747-400 freighter, the industry benchmark for operating performance due to its cost and capacity advantage over other freighters. Atlas Air’s future operating platform is built upon the new-technology, best-in-class Boeing 747-8 freighter.
Atlas Air has ordered 12 747-8Fs, with deliveries expected to begin in 2010. With improved range, better payload, cleaner engines, less noise – and the lowest operating cost per tonne-mile in the marketplace – our new addition delivers unprecedented value for our customers.